Thread lift is a non-surgical procedure during which facial and neck skin is tightened with the help of fine surgical threads.
Thread lift leaves an effective and natural result, yet lasts for shorter periods compared to surgical facelifts. Thread lift has the advantage of small scars and short recovery. At the end of the work week the face is tightened and in the beginning of the next one You can already return to work with a new face. This is why thread lift is often called a “weekend facelift”.
Thread lift is appropriate for a variety of patients:
- men and women
- ages 30+
- in case of small or moderate drooping of skin
- patients who prefer quick results and non-invasive techniques
Main areas for thread lift include:
- cheeks and cheekbones
- nasolabial folds
- mouth frowns
- facial contours
The amount and location of the threads depends on the skin’s conditions and the placement of threads is individual.
Surgery at Christinas Clinic
Christinas Clinic uses the products of Silhouette.
Silhouette‘s threads are inserted 3-5mm under the skin with a needle. The beginning and end points of the thread mark the angle of the lift. Special cones are attached to the threads to anchor them to the soft tissues and create the necessary tension.
Two different types of threads are available: Silhouette Soft and Silhouette Lift.
- Silhouette Soft is the less effective of the two, but its advantage is stimulating the natural production of collagen. These threads will absorb with time.
- The effect lasts for about 2 years.
- Silhouette Soft is recommended for patients with thinner skin or less drooping skin.
- Silhouette Lift is stronger and has a longer effect. The cones attached to the threads will absorb in time, but the connective tissue that grows around them helps the threads stay in place after the cones have absorbed. Silhouette Lift‘s advantage is the possibility of re-tightening the threads, and in this way prolong their effect.
- Silhouette Lift is recommended to patients who wish for longer lasting results and whose skin has moderate or major drooping.
- The effect of the threads can last 3-4 years.